Monday, May 4, 2009

Review: Crossbreed - Synthetic Division (2001)

Crossbreed is a little-known band out of Florida. Those who do know of them don't think too highly of them. I have a few words for those people: fuck you!

Crossbreed's debut album, 'Synthetic Division,' is good. Well, pretty good, I guess. It showcases screaming, subdued vocals, a dash of electronica, and the more prevalent industrial rock/nu metal feel.

I can't complain, but I guess I was really looking for something to come out and really grab me. I couldn't help but think about Fear Factory and five.bolt.main for some reason while listening to this CD.

Out of the dozen tracks the CD sports, I personally five-starred 'Breathe.' 'Pure Energy' is worth mentioning simply because the sampling involved in the song reminds me a lot of Juno Reactor.

While the CD is mediocre at best, I am still psyched for Crossbreed's sophomore album, 'K.E. 101.' 'Nothing' was the first demo I found on the band's MySpace some twenty months ago and I actually managed to download it and add it to 'Synthetic Divisions' for the time being. Now the band's MySpace has a number of new songs online, including what I already think will be my favourite song: 'Saints of Grey.' It contains a perfect balance of electronica and nu metal and it's simply because of this song that I'm gonna go and buy their next CD on May 12th. I recommend you follow suit.

No comments:

Post a Comment