Saturday, May 30, 2009

Review: Bury Your Dead [Self-Titled] (2008)

Bury Your Dead has been sitting in my collection for a long... long time and I feel like an ass for finally getting around to listening to them. Picking up on last year's self-titled release, I am more than pleased to bring you another more than worthy entry to the Supreme.

Bury Your Dead is a hard and heavy, sometime melodic metalcore act and all their talent blooms across this CD. Beginning with the in-your-face 'Symphony Orchestra,' the CD is a constant assault with screaming vocals, masterful drumwork, and fun, heavy riffs.

My favorite track, though, has to be 'Fever Dream.' The melodic way the lines "Keep screaming, keep waving," are sung got the line stuck in my head for days. Usually, if a song pops into my head without provocation, I deem it a hit - at least in my book.

If you're familiar with Bury Your Dead, you'll know that the self-titled is a debut for the band's new singer, Myke Terry, following the departure of his predecessor, Bruso. Well rest assured - the disc is near-perfect for a metal fan. Anyone can find faults if they look hard enough. If all you want is something heavy, then congrats - you found it.

Also, be on the lookout for BYD's latest CD, released just last week.

No comments:

Post a Comment