Friday, May 15, 2009

Discover: Behead the Tyrant

Back in the days of old, the year 2004, I worked at Best Buy with this guy Maxwell that gave me a demo CD of his band, Ailinel. The two songs were masterpieces, as far as I was concerned, but I didn't fully realize until last year when I found the CD collecting dust with a bunch of others I had lying around. Back in '04, I didn't listen to metal. The hardest stuff I had was Slipknot and Twelve Tribes, so Ailinel received a whole shoulder shrug from me five years ago. Now, I realize how much I misunderstood the music and I love their work.

Alas, Ailinel has been dismantled for sometime. As far as Maxwell is concerned, he fronts a new band representing the metal edge of Cincinnati and that is Behead the Tyrant. With a harder, and more polished, sound compared to Ailinel, BTT releases the hurt with long, brutal songs that pound with double bass kicks, heavy guitar riffs and Maxwell's death growls and screams, with clean vocals sprinkled intermittenly. If you're into the hard and heavy, then Behead the Tyrant is for you.


No comments:

Post a Comment